Wednesday 11 April 2018

Perplexed in Reflection



We've been here before, at the silver glass mirror
With the man in the mask a spurious shimmer
And he's concealing his face, it's part of his cunning deception
With my frozen facade perplexed in reflection

I know he's trapped in the glass, but he's corrupting my mind
He's touching our fingers, he wants them entwined
Oh my god, I want, but I cannot believe
That a silent reflection could ever deceive

He's been here before flaunting my guise
He's fooling them all, it's a brilliant reprise
The man in the mask is bereft of morality
Suggesting that he's the actual reality

Why am I the one he needs to defile?
Drip feeding his poison every once in awhile
Hidden beneath he'll be contemptuously sneering
Wanting what's mine and to be domineering

I've been here before, I'm the dupe in his eyes
I want to rip of his mask and sever our ties
And I want him to answer, with his lip sync replying
To the questions I ask about this realigning

I can't reach his face, so I hammer a fist
In a smear of my blood I grind and I twist
He copies my words of furious profanity
As he helps himself to the last of my sanity

We've been here before, at the silver glass mirror
But never before have I been trapped in the shimmer
He's wearing my face, but it's all a cunning deception
And I'm a frozen facade, perplexed in reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment