Thursday 23 August 2018

If Only I Could

I know I can't, but if only I could...
I'd be there beside you and not in faded dreams we keep
I'd be there for you as you awoke from your restless sleep
I'd plump up your pillows, I'd make and mash a nice cup of tea
To make you feel better, to some small degree

If you needed extra warmth, or just some solace
I'd snuggle up with you and those sad thoughts I would abolish
You know that if I could, I surely would...
Share your sickly sniffles and calm your qualms
As I held you closely in my loving arms

Though I am here and you are there
I know you know how much I care
So I'll send you happy words and emojis of tea and flowers
For I cannot properly fuss you, it's not within my powers
...but you know I would, if only I could

No comments:

Post a Comment