Saturday 24 August 2019

Your Eyes


Your eyes are staring at me, from the other side of the room
They're staring straight at me, to admonish, I would assume
The whites, those alluring dark irises and the pupils of hate
Seemingly wondering what happened on this dastardly date

Wish I could hide from the sight, for it's an unravelling burden
Tho' I'll settle for second best and pour myself another bourbon
But I'm sweating and shaking and there's claret everywhere
With your eyes unrelenting, although your body's not there

Can barely remember the gouging and the 'fuck and the what?'
But my fingers are bloody and I can taste the bile and the snot
Thought I was merely a witness, but it was me, I would assume
For your eyes are accusing me, from the other side of the room

No comments:

Post a Comment