Tuesday 6 July 2021

Escape To Estonia


Here (or wherever I may be) there are empty carousels turning in spiders webs
In a cavernous interminable terminal of lost nothingness, where life surely ebbs
In this place and time I sense incoherent murmurings, that I know I cannot trust
As I remember death-mares echoing back, in the palls of choking ash and dust

For 'here' (wherever that may be) there's a whispering voice that makes me wilt
It intimates, with a familiar intonation, that my final fate is to be cocooned in silk
And there's no way away from preordination, for there's only Nowhere left to run
In this memory, of a purgatorial otherworld reverie, where odious webs are spun

Wherever I am 'now', I know it's not for me, I would rather face the devil's beast
On some other's mummified mind (on the fears they'll find), let the spiders feast
I can't kill what's dead, but with my imagination's figment, I will ride the carousel
And be borne into darkness, nightmares, or dreams, if not, I'm sure I'll be in Hell

Even in a death throes nightmare, there's still time to dream of that distant shore
Whispered murmurings of immortality drawing me back, to a time of once before
I awake for awhile beyond the interminable terminal, but in the state of catatonia
Where transcendent hallucinations reveal that I can make my escape to Estonia

I can see a moonlit sea, from high above, from a deserted deck of Tallinn's tower
For I'm finally 'here', where I've always been, in the coldest winter's, darkest hour
And nothing happens (and never will) for I'm faraway from the spiders silky webs
As eternity unfolds before me, even the dream of death and time, gradually ebbs


 

No comments:

Post a Comment