Friday 10 December 2021

Feels Like Forever


Fading into the subterranean dark, I feel lower than nether
Every second of the past is creeping and feels like forever
Elapsing with recycled time, I'm slowly stopping the clocks
Leaving my being imprisoned, in the keep of keyless locks
Sleep tempted me, with a subconscious promise to dream
Listlessly I drifted though, on an ebbing tide of the unseen
Insomnia was my burden, before I became time ticking by
Keeping count of the appalling hours, only stopping to die
Every moment just a pause, in the pit of a fathomless well
For in the dreamless wasteland the quietude, is just a cell
Only memories of a reality, make me think that I'm insane
Recalling my rationality though, is all a desire now in vain
Eternity slips by, in awhile, with darkness reforming to fog
Virtual reality resuming, in turning hands, of time's analog
Emerging from the night to the light, I rise from the nether
Remembering nothing, of there, where it feels like forever

 

No comments:

Post a Comment