Sunday 21 May 2023

A Shade In The Shadows

 

I awoke, in an unremembered night, or maybe not
To a shade in the shadows and the fetid smell, of rot
Twas a state of non-reality, where nightmares begin
Or the end of rationality, for it has always been Him

Unmoving, I reached out and I searched, for its face
But there was nothing there, just a void, of inner space
There was nothing at all, not even a zephyr of breath
Just the lost memories, of embalming, with crystal meth

I was unfeeling, desensitized, there was no turning back
As I couldn't find what I sought, as grey turned to black
And my fears, were not fading and I could not, pretend
That I ever knew who I was, or what it meant to ascend

There's a shade in the shadows and I'm looking down
At empty eyes, sallow skin and death's frozen frown
I was him, 'now', I am Him, but I am unable to see
For in this nebulous shroud, there is nothing, of 'me'

No comments:

Post a Comment