Sunday 23 September 2018

Just Wondering Why?




And there I was, just wandering by
And now I'm here and just wondering why?
Why am I hanging from a hanging tree?
For in a sepia haze I can see that it's me
Hanging there; hanging from a hanging tree
Strung up from a branch that's been stripped bare by November
My neck in the noose of a rope, how I got there, I cannot remember

I was there, but now I'm here, in a different place
Gazing up at the bloated facade of once upon a face
But it's so quiet here and there's no one mourning
And the silence is deafening and a fog is forming

Did I lose an unwinnable war and in the darkest hour succumbed to 'surrender'?
I really don't know, I can't find that memory, I can no longer remember
I've been gone for a while and that's obvious to see
But in the gathering murk I can see that it's me
Hanging there; hanging from a hanging tree
And now I'm here with my wandering eye
And I'm not feeling, I'm just wondering why?

No comments:

Post a Comment