Thursday 30 November 2017

I'm Counting Stars


I'm counting stars; I'm skimming stones across the moonlit waves of an ocean
And I'm drowning my dreams in the mystical ways of a potion
But I'm sinking in deeper and I know I'm grasping the dark
That's no longer dormant in the empty space of my aching heart

Are these my tears, or just the ocean spray?
That washes you, a thousand, a million miles away
Am I lost in time? 'cause I'm in need of your soothing solace
In this nowhere, never, place that crept upon us

I'm naming the constellations, as the waves crash to shore
I'm caught and borne on a riptide beyond a tidal bore
And I swim with the dolphin and I swim with the shark
As your love fills my longing lungs and turns back the dark

Are these your tears, or just the ocean spray?
Am I holding you, or are you still a thousand, a million miles away?
Have we found each other in time, or is reverie our only solace?
In this nowhere, never, place that crept upon us

I'm counting stars; we're skimming stones as the day breaks on the ocean
Maybe I'm just living a dream, borne on concentric waves of parhelic motion
But I know that I'm bathed in a love, as sweet as the fragrance of any wild flower
As we walk hand-in-hand, now and forever, to an impossible sunlit ivory tower

No comments:

Post a Comment