Sunday 19 November 2017

The Impenetrable Dark


I think I can hear, I can hear the deafening silence
And I can see the impenetrable dark, with my defiance
I can taste the sickening bile of my despicable fear
And I think I'm alone, but I'm not sure, nothing is clear

I'm deaf, there's only the white noise of the background static
I think I'm blind, but my thoughts are much too erratic
But I can't escape my fear, it's a hideous malformed miscreation
And I'm not alone, 'cause I can't elude this godforsaken abomination

Dead, I'm dead, I was subject to death; merely mortal...........
Everything I was has slipped; slipped into a sinkhole portal...
And there's nothing beyond this, just the impenetrable dark...
Deep in death, I'm deaf and blind; where is the patriarch?......

There is nobody here, absolutely nobody else here, nobody but me
And there'll be nobody else here, absolutely nobody else, that I can foresee
So I'll swim in the dark, before I drown in the deafening silence
And I'll make a pact with my fear and form a self-destructive alliance

I can only taste the sickening bile of my despicable fear
And I'm definitely alone, but I'm not sure, nothing is clear
I'm deaf, I can't hear a thing and I'm statuesque; I'm stuck in the static
And I'm blind to a god-damn thing, in the impenetrable dark of the dogmatic

No comments:

Post a Comment