Friday 12 October 2018

Echoes



Am I blessed or cursed, or should I be aghast?
For those veiled voices are from futures passed
But the dreams are worse for then I'm an invisible man
And though I can see them there I cannot bridge the span

In the quiet hours of the moonlight's cataract shimmer
In a semi-conscious haze I sense the threshold's thinner
And I want to be there under a rainbow's parhelic circle
In that elusive paradise where there is nothing hurtful

They are there, I know, where nothing's planned
But the echoes confound, as time pours like sand
There's nowhere to cross and every path's a maze
Along which I might wander until the end of days

Perhaps I can escape in dreams and find a door
To enter a new world where there is no before
And when I'm there I'll be heard and seen in focus
Beyond the reach of time and my own neurosis

I'm lost in my darkest reveries where I know I'm trapped
But there is no past or present, for in these dreams I'm rapt
So I'll hush now, for those distant echoes will be here soon
And perhaps tonight's the night I'll be guided by the moon

No comments:

Post a Comment