Friday 5 October 2018

Just Smile And Remember Me



You're so gorgeous my love, you are truly beautiful
Inside and out, a loving soul, who is forever immutable
And that dazzling smile! It's so wickedly warm, it's a real teaser
And I'm sure it could melt the gathering ice trapped in a freezer!
I could wax lyrical about you, I could go on and on and on
I want to my love, but to do so would be recklessly wrong
But you know you make me so happy, you make me laugh and cry
Tears of joy, of course, but sometimes surreptitiously I cannot lie...
Because nothing's forever and we were never for ever
But time ticks by and we're still tied by an invisible tether
For now, for a long time now, but it's time to look ahead
And see what's looming, for it will tear apart our last thread
Though I know you live for today, but it will soon be tomorrow
And nothing's clear, as dusk descends, there's only time left to borrow
The inevitable doesn't stop and wait and fate's not for stalling
And we can't stop (tho' we tried) and we'll be lost, for twilight's calling
For when we tread our different paths, we'll find that reality's stark
As our parallel paths find different tracks, in the bounds of the dark
And when dawn realigns and the sun shines down once more
Don't look back my love, for what is next is set before...
And if you look around and I'm not there, just smile and remember me
Because nothing's forever and I'll be somewhere, for our fate's 'pro tempore'

No comments:

Post a Comment